Week 1 Dev Log
It has already been a week since I began remaking Primogeniture. I am happy to announce development has been running excellent all week!
This development log adds the download for the Pre-Alpha version 1.0 of the game.
Here's what this version adds...
- Player Movement
- The player can move around as expected with WASD.
- Pressing "J" will toggle the player's jet pack and allow them to travel through the air.
- Use "Space" and "Left Shift" to fly up/down
- Simple scalable inventory system. Currently has only 3 slots as proof of concept.
- Toggle inventory with "Tab"
- Items can be dropped by clicking on the item name in the inventory.
- Items can be picked up by right-clicking on them
- Building System
- Following the original game, the world will start with a single platform for the player to build off of.
- Right-click on a build node(Blue cube) to build a platform in its location.
- Building a new platform has no cost.
- Particle System
- Following the original game, particles will initialize in random positions.
- Unlike the original version. particles will only initialize inside the area of a particle cloud.
- Pre-Alpha version 1.0 has one particle cloud near the player's starting point as a proof of concept
- These are the base particles that can initialize indie of a particle cloud
- These particles will then combine into new particles based on these recipes
Recipe Output # Protons Needed # Neutrons Needed # Electrons Needed Helium 2 2 2 Hydrogen 1 1 0
- Any leftover base particles can be picked up by the player.
- Save/Load System
- Any number of saves can exist at once.
- Save name must be defined before creating a new game.
- Starting a new game with the name of another save will overite the old save.
- Select a saved game from the dropdown to load in that save.
Premogeniture Pre-Alpha 1.0.rar 14 MB
Mar 17, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.